I am a specialist in helping people make simple choices that are inexpensive and improve their health. I also help health and fitness professionals who want to help their clients achieve more.
If you would like to have more energy and time to enjoy doing things you love; if you would like to understand ‘why’ the habits of highly healthy people work; and if you would like to cultivate balance and ease in all areas of your life, then I can definitely help you.
I lead the way in the evolving field of human wellness. My accomplishments include:
- PhD – Clinical and Surgical Sciences from The University of Edinburgh
- MSci – Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry from The Nottingham University
- Professional Diploma – Sports and Remedial Massage Therapy from The London School of Sports Massage
- Professional Diploma – Acupuncture/Dry Needling in Sports Medicine
- Level 2 Holistic Lifestyle Coach – CHEK Institute
I also hold numerous professional development certifications in the field of human health that back up years of self-led research.
I have 20 years experience working in the field of human and environmental health. This has included time in academic, corporate and not-for-profit organisations, as well as being self-employed and a company owner.
My early career included working as a post-doctoral researcher at the Medical Research Council (MRC) Centre for Inflammation Research based at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. These days I spend most of my time working face-to-face with people as a therapist and health coach.
Along the way I’ve gained a deep understanding of how the health of our planet impacts our everyday lives. I served as a project manager for regional and national environmental initiatives and also work pro bono as a director of several not-for-profit organisations.
Awards and achievements:
- Research published by the esteemed, Nature Publishing Group
- Lead inventor on a patent filed for a novel cell detection method
- Bronze medal finalist in the World Massage Championships in Copenhagen 2017
- Public speaker
- Writer and author
- Spokesperson for environmental and health issues
Other info about me:
- Began cutting-edge research on the immune recognition of dying cells at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, 2001
- Works with professional athletes and high-level entrepreneurs to improve their health and wellbeing
- Lived with the Venda people in Southern Africa and learned about the effects of modern agriculture and economics on the health of traditional cultures
- Rented part of a local farm and set up a salad growing business that supplied local restaurants with fresh produce
- Enjoy a variety of outdoor pursuits and challenges: from tending to my allotment and wild swimming in the local river, to completing the National Three Peaks Challenge and cycling from London to Paris
I have also overcome many challenges to my own health and wellbeing including:
- Putting chronic digestion and sinus issues into long-term remission (some doctors would call this a cure although I am reluctant to make such claims)
- Avoiding the need for surgery to knee cartilage damage – through rehabilitation and therapy it’s still working just fine 10 years after the injury
- Learning to re-story deeply-held limiting beliefs that held me back in social situations and relationships
- Discovering how to manage a heart condition called ‘supraventricular tachycardia’ (SVT) whilst still maintaining high levels of physical activity
When you want to improve your energy levels by making simple choices that are inexpensive, you need the help of true experts that know what it takes to create real and lasting change.
And as you can see, I can certainly help you understand the best health choices to make so that you can enjoy being the person you want to be, and rediscover balance and ease in all areas of your life!
Yours in health,